1. Occasionally close your eyes for 30
seconds and look away at something far to relieve tension in the
muscles around your eyes.
2. Keep your head and neck in alignment
with your spine.
3. Have your wrist rest on a soft cushion
when using your keyboard or mouse.
4. Lean your lower arms on the arm-rests
of your chair to create a 90 degree angle to your elbows and upper
5. Sit deeply in your chair, allowing
your back to be as close as possible to the backrest.
6. Ensure that your chair is at the right
height and that your elbows are at the same height (or a little
higher) than your work surface.
7. Keep your shins perpendicular with
the floor (90 degree angle).
8. Sit as close to your desk or work
surface as possible.
9. Avoid crossing your legs which can
cause unnecessary pressure on the nerves and muscles in your feet.
10. It is vital to rest your feet on
an elevated footrest.
11. Avoid holding the phone between your
shoulder and your ear.
12. Get up and walk, stretch or stand,
when possible, to avoid sitting for extended periods.
13. Look for "My Chair" products
at your local retailer.